Program Service Fees
Maximum fees for Representative Payee services are determined by the Social Security Administration; however, client circumstances are taken into consideration when fees are established.
What the Representative Payee Program Does:
For any further questions please send us an e-mail:
- The Social Security Administration or other agency sends the clients' benefit checks directly to CRISS-Cross, Inc., once Payeeship has been assigned.
- CRISS-CROSS, Inc. establishes a budget for the clients' bills and daily living expenses based on income and need.
- Bills are sent to us directly from the creditor and payment is made directly.
- Clients are mailed a weekly or monthly spending allowance for their personal needs.
- Representative Payee Case Workers are available to meet with clients upon request.
- Computer printouts of clients' income and expenses are available monthly upon request.
- Referrals are made to appropriate programs and services as needed.
- Interest is paid monthly on any balance left in the account.
Nearly three million people who receive checks from the Social Security Administration need help managing their money.
About twenty-five percent of Supplemental Security Income recipients have a Representative Payee appointed by the Social Security Administration.
CRISS-CROSS, Inc. is the largest Representative Payee organization in the state of West Virginia serving more than 700 clients monthly.